January 25, 2023 Torrance, California. American Honda laid out its outlook for its U.S. automotive business in 2023 at his media briefing with Vice President of Sales Mamadou Diallo.
“Like the rest of the industry, we are still not completely out of the woods with supply issues, but we are optimistic that the Honda and Acura brands will deliver more sales this year,” Diallo said. “From a refreshed light truck line-up to increasing sales of hybrid vehicles and our continued commitment to cars that are fun to drive, our new models will put our brand on track for 2023.” We can put ourselves in an advantageous position.”
car sales in 2023
- Honda and Acura inventory days remained in the single digits for much of 2022, posting a historically high turnover rate of 77%.
- By increasing production in 2023, Honda aims to sell a maximum of 1.2 million units under the Honda brand and 160,000 units under the Acura brand. This means an increase of 20-25% over 2022.
- American Honda enters 2023 with 17 days worth of inventory, nearly double what it was last year.
- American Honda will work closely with dealer organizations to support customers through new initiatives such as pre-sales and reservations.
2023 Products Candence
With the step-by-step execution of the company’s smart electrification strategy, 2023 will be the year of digital and electrification transformation for American Honda.
“In 2023, we’re going to see the strategies we’ve been talking about, including increasing sales of light truck models, increasing sales volumes of hybrid-electric models, and starting digital sales on Acura,” Diallo said. lead to our vision of 100% electrified sales by 2040, allowing us to reach our ultimate goal of zero emissions by 2050.”
- Acura will serve as the spearhead of American Honda’s digital transformation, launching in 2024 with the ZDX and ZDX Type S, with 100% of Acura EV sales occurring online. Pre-sales for ZDX will begin in 2023. Early 2024 release.
- The highly anticipated Integra Type S arrives this summer as the performance gateway to the Acura lineup.
- The TLX performance sedan will be beefed up for 2023 to further enhance its appeal in the competitive midsize luxury sedan segment.
- Following the launch of the all-new HR-V, CR-V and CR-V, the Honda brand capped off the ‘Year of the SUV’ with the introduction of the all-new Pilot and Pilot TrailSport at the end of 2022. hybrid.
- The Honda Light Trucks lineup stays competitive with additional changes to the Passport and 2024 Ridgeline for 2023, enhancing rugged features and design, including the first application of TrailSport to Ridgeline.
- The launch of the all-new Accord and Accord Hybrid in early 2023 will boost hybrid sales and will be the first Honda application for Google built-in.
- Honda will continue to increase hybrid sales through its core models as an important step in bridging customers to fully electric vehicles while reducing GHG emissions. This includes increasing sales to 50% of his sales mix of CR-V and Accord hybrids, and introducing the Civic hybrid in 2024, offered in both sedans and hatchbacks.
- In 2023, pre-sales of Honda’s first electric SUV, the Prologue, will begin. Prologue delivery will begin in his early 2024.
- the beginning of Hybrid sales of the CR-V and Accord mean that production of hybrid-electric powertrains in Ohio will triple.
- As part of Ohio’s new EV hub, Honda will soon break ground on a new $3.5 billion joint venture EV battery plant in Ohio, as well as a further $700 million in re-equipment at three Honda car plants.
Honda offers a full line of clean, safe, fun and connected vehicles sold through over 1,000 independent Honda dealers in the United States. Honda’s award-winning lineup includes the Civic and Accord plus the HR-V, CR-V, Passport, Pilot Sport Utility Vehicle, Ridgeline Pickup and Odyssey Minivan. Honda’s electric vehicle lineup includes the Accord Hybrid, CR-V Hybrid and, in the future, the Civic Hybrid. Honda’s first production battery electric vehicle, the Honda Prologue SUV, will join the lineup in 2024.
Honda has been producing cars in America for over 40 years and currently operates 18 major manufacturing facilities in North America. In 2021, more than 95% of all Honda vehicles sold in the United States will be built in North America, with nearly two-thirds being built in the United States and using domestically and globally sourced parts. increase.
Acura is a leading automotive nameplate that offers Precision Crafted Performance: expressive styling, high performance and an innovative approach to engineering. All of this is built on a foundation of quality and reliability. Acura’s lineup now features his four signature models: the next-generation Integra Sport Compact, the TLX Sport Sedan, the RDX and MDX Sport Utility Vehicles, and the high-performance Type S variant. Acura’s first all-electric models will be the SUV, ZDX and ZDX Type S, due in 2024. All Acura vehicles sold in America are built in the USA using locally and globally sourced parts.
This article was optimized by the SEO Team at Clickworks SEO