In 2021, the future of the Chevrolet Volt was uncertain. It started as the car that brought the $35,000 Tesla Model 3 to market, but for a variety of reasons (ten times the sales of the Tesla Model 3, lost $7,500 in tax credits, four years without a major renewal, then battery fire problem), and the condition of the $37,495 hatchback was not good at all.
According to the Tesla Car Price History Tracker maintained by Aldrich Bautista (@AldrichBautista), the Model 3 Standard Range Plus was actually available for less than that ($36,990 a month in 2021) and less than $40,000 a year. Clearly, Bolt had a problem. In less than two years, the situation has changed dramatically. The Tesla Model 3 currently retails for $43,990 ($35,490 after tax). The Volt received price cuts big and small in 2022 and a small one in 2023, but it’s now much cheaper and at least he’s eligible for a $7,500 tax credit through March. increase. The 2023 price (if you can find a retailer in your area that sells at suggested retail price) is $27,495 ($19,995 after tax). amazing Purchaser price 47% discount in less than 2 years!
But there are reasons why it might not work for you
- Your income may be too low or too high to qualify for tax credits. A single filer must earn about $70,000 to use full credit and cannot exceed $150,000, while a married filer must earn about $90,000 to use full credit. Required and cannot exceed $300,000. If you are below these limits, you should consider a pre-owned EV under $25,000 and receive a $4,000 tax credit. It could be the Volt, it could be the Tesla Model 3. Used prices are currently falling. (A used 2017 Volt ($22,346) sells for more than his 2023 Volt new after tax credits. That won’t last long.)
- You travel a lot and are impatient. Chevy Bolt has two problems with rapid change.
- Only charged at 50 kW rate. According to this test, it takes 73 minutes to charge from 10% to 80%. It was decent when it came out in 2017, but it’s pretty late today.
- It uses the CCS standard and the most common CCS charger is by Electrify America, which has a bad reputation for reliability. Luckily the Tesla Supercharger (very reliable) is open to other cars as well! No other public announcements have been made in the US, but yesterday we got hints that this one is coming soon. was.
- dealer problem. As Jennifer pointed out in this excellent article a few weeks ago, there are two potential problems.
- Dealers may sell out in the first quarter.
- Dealers can put big markups on cars.
Overview of Bolt EUV
My research on this subject was inspired by my friend Noah Miller’s acquisition of a new 2023 Volt EUV.
The Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Electric Utility Vehicle) is the latest addition to the electric vehicle market and is rapidly becoming one of the most popular vehicles on the road. With its sleek design, advanced technology and excellent range, the Bolt EUV will change the world of electric vehicles forever.
One of the Bolt EUV’s biggest advantages is its impressive range. With a range of up to 259 miles on a single charge, the Bolt EUV can easily handle all your daily driving needs without frequent stops for charging. As a result, even on medium-sized trips, you can feel secure that you can reach your destination on a single charge without worrying about running out of battery. I like the styling of the EUV more than the regular bolt. Looks more modern to me.
The Bolt EUV also boasts advanced tech, including an advanced infotainment system and an available semi-autonomous Super Cruise suite (which Noah purchased and will be testing in the coming weeks). Super Cruise is the industry’s first true hands-free driver assistance feature for compatible roads. This means you can stay connected and have fun on the road, and you can also take advantage of advanced safety features that help keep you safe on the road.
Additionally, the Bolt EUV was designed with the environment in mind. With zero emissions and low environmental impact, Volt EUV is a smart choice for those looking to reduce their carbon footprint. You can also save tax money by switching to EVs like the Bolt EUV, as the government offers incentives and tax breaks for electric vehicles.
The Bolt EUV also offers plenty of space for both passengers and cargo, making it a great option for those who need extra space for their family or belongings. With a spacious interior and generous cargo space, the Volt EUV is perfect for expeditions and everyday errands.
Overall, the Chevrolet Volt EUV is an electric vehicle that offers the right mix of range, technology and sustainability. With impressive range, advanced technology and an eco-friendly design, the Bolt EUV is a smart choice for those looking for a reliable and efficient electric vehicle. And with incentives and tax breaks offered by the government, switching to EVs like the Bolt EUV is becoming more affordable than ever.
If this sounds like a car that fits your needs, check out your local Chevrolet dealer. If they have inventory that fits your needs or are about to start selling and don’t add a large dealer markup, you’ll need to pay a deposit immediately. If you don’t have any, you can wait until Q2 (although battery materials may or may not qualify, so the tax credit could be as little as $3,750). If possible, wait a few weeks or months for the price to drop). With all dealers’ markups high and prices nearing $40,000, we’d recommend the Tesla Model 3 for $43,990, which will be available nationwide in the next few days. In fact, the Model 3 is still very much available after the price cut (see DennisCW’s recent video), and I suspect they’ll cut a few more to clear the car by the end of the quarter.
Why buy a petrol car when you can get a modern electric car cheaper?
Disclosure: I am a Tesla shareholder [TSLA]BYD [BYDDY]Nio [NIO]XPeng [XPEV]hertz [HTZ]However, I do not offer investment advice of any kind here.
Appreciate CleanTechnica’s creativity and cleantech news reporting? Consider becoming a CleanTechnica Member, Supporter, Technician, Ambassador or Patreon patron.
Don’t want to miss the cleantech talk? Sign up for daily news updates from CleanTechnica by email. Or follow us on Google News.
Looking for CleanTechnica tips, promotions, or guests on the CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.
This article was optimized by the SEO Team at Clickworks SEO