Stellantis reports 347,669 U.S. vehicle sales in the fourth quarter of 2022, 16% lower than a year ago. Also. The total amount in 2022 he decreased compared to 2021.
Results for December and 2022:
- Chrysler sales: 25,052 units (down 39%), 112,713 units (down 2%)
- Jeep sales: 143,317 units (down 18%), 684,614 units (down 12%)
- Stellantis sales: 347,669 (down 16%) and 1,547,076 (down 13%)
Including Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, Ram
Two of the group’s brands, Chrysler and Jeep, have already committed to electrification, with sales of plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) growing significantly.
Overall, Stellantis sold 20,350 PHEVs in the fourth quarter. That’s his 5.9% of total sales, a new record for the quarter. Jeep recently recorded over 16,000 sales of his PHEV with the introduction of his second model, the Grand Cherokee 4xe, joining the Wrangler 4xe. Chrysler offers a plug-in hybrid Pacifica Hybrid minivan.
Plug-in car sales in Q4 2022:
- Chrysler: 4,046 units, 16.2% market share
- Jeep: 16,304 units, 11.4% market share
- Stellantis: 20,350 and 5.9% share
US Sales Director Jeff Comer said:
“In 2021-2022, we have seen strong demand for PHEV products in the face of industry market conditions, including production constraints and disruptions in components and materials in general. Sales of the Jeep® Wrangler 4xe were up 46% over last year, and the all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe, which hit the market late last year, accounted for 11% of nameplate performance.”
Stellantis plug-in car sales for Q4 2022:
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe
2023 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
In 2022, Stellantis sold over 63,000 plug-in hybrids in the US. This is amazing. Twice as much as Toyota.
2022 plug-in car sales:
- Chrysler: 14,392 units, 12.8% market share
- Jeep: 48,989 units, 7.2% market share
- Stellantis: 63,381 and 4.1% share
After all, the Jeep Wrangler 4xe remains the best-selling plug-in hybrid vehicle in the United States (and Canada).
“The Jeep Wrangler 4xe, the first-ever electrified Jeep Wrangler, continues to be the best-selling plug-in hybrid vehicle in the United States, with 43,176 units (24%) of total Jeep Wrangler sales in 2022. Sales of the Wrangler 4xe were up 46% year-on-year, and 22% year-on-year in the fourth quarter.”
Stellantis plug-in car sales year-to-date:
- Jeep Wrangler 4xe – 43,176
- Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid – 14,392
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe – at least 5,813
- Total: 63,381+ (at least 4.1% of total Stellantis volume)
With Stellantis’ plug-in hybrid and first all-electric models on the horizon, it looks like the brand is slowly going electrified.
Stellantis Sales Details: