Founded in 1983, the Lexus brand has provided drivers with the most reliable luxury vehicles. The Japanese automaker has been famous for its long history of luxury lines under the ever-popular Toyota brand. Everyone knows the brand name, but what does it stand for?
The Lexus name is a combination of Latin and French
While brands such as Toyota and Honda are easily identifiable as the last names of their founders, Lexus’ name is the product of two words. According to this Lexus of Parramatta, “Brand Lexus combines the Latin word ‘luxus’ with the French word ‘luxe’ as symbols of elegance and luxury, and the Greek word ‘lexicon’ with ‘lexicon’ meaning language. Thing.
Interestingly, many have thought that Lexus stands for “Luxury Export to the United States.” It’s a catchy and apt definition since the first Lexus cars hit the market in 1989, but it’s not true.
What does the Lexus model name stand for?
Now that you know what the Lexus brand name means, you might be wondering what each model name means. After all, different nameplates may seem like alphabet soup, but when it comes to creativity and engineering, there’s always a way for Lexus madness. am.
- Lexus CT: “Creative Touring” – Lexus CT was discontinued in 2017. This was the brand’s small hybrid vehicle that shared a drivetrain with the brand’s cousin, the Toyota Prius.
- Lexus UX: “Urban Explorer” – The Lexus UX is essentially a compact crossover that combines a hatchback and a small SUV.
- Lexus IS: “Intelligent Sport” – Lexus IS is the brand’s smallest sedan, comfortable and sporty.
- Lexus IS: “Elegant Sedan” – ES is the brand’s midsize sedan that has been on the market since 1989.
- Lexus RC: “Racing Coupé” – This two-door coupe seamlessly combines sportiness and luxury.
- Lexus NX: “Nimble Crossover” – The Lexus NX is a mid-sized crossover that offers nimble and aggressive performance.
- Lexus RX: Radiant Crossover – The RX is the brand’s first SUV and has evolved into a very luxurious and sporty crossover.
- Lexus LX: “Luxury Crossover” – LX is the brand’s largest SUV. With 3 rows of seats, off-roading is a breeze.
- Lexus LS: “Luxury Saloon” – The LS is the brand’s flagship sedan, launched in 1989. Today, he remains one of the main rivals in the luxury sedan segment.
- Lexus LC: ‘Luxury Coupe’ – LC is the brand’s flagship luxury coupe released in 2019. It’s also one of our favorite cars.
Lexus is more than just a luxury brand
Building the Lexus brand requires a lot of design, engineering and management. Although it’s been around for a while, the Japanese automaker continues to evolve its vehicles for the future. I can’t wait to see what
This article was optimized by the SEO Team at Clickworks SEO